Be Someone’s Christmas Miracle
I believe BCM has the most outstanding donors anywhere – they really are amazing. The past few years have presented many obstacles. But, the strength of the commitment of our supporters never faltered. In fact, they rose to the occasion and gave so generously. In addition to financial gifts, they have included the families BCM serves in their prayers and given of their time and talent to ensure BCM is stronger than ever. We want to share with you the difference that, together, we’ve made this year:
- In Emergency Assistance, we have served 6,890 people (2,778 households).
- 514 households (1,290 individuals) have received rent /mortgage/utility assistance.
- 19,055 bags of food have been distributed.
- Clothing was provided to 1,944 households valued at $121,262.
- Ten households have graduated from the 70/30 Project, collectively retiring $42,347 in personal debt, an increase of 49% in debt repayment over last year.
- BCM has assisted 196 people begin new jobs, an increase of 39% over last year.
- BCM social workers have provided 861 hours of self-sufficiency coaching to help clients plan and implement their next steps toward long-term change.
We cannot do this work without support from those who believe in the mission of BCM! We are so grateful for those who know, and demonstrate, that through God’s love, all things are possible!
As we near the end of 2013, the need in our community is significant. BCM is ready to help. As you plan your year-end giving, please remember BCM. YOU could be someone’s Christmas miracle. Every gift matters and every dollar makes a difference. Click here to make a donation this Christmas.
Helen V. Cunningham