Love Thy Neighbor
Valentine’s Day offers an annual celebration of romantic love, complete with bouquets of flowers, boxes of chocolate, greeting cards and fancy dinners at Atlanta’s most popular restaurants. However, every day should be a celebration of love, especially brotherly love.
In Mark 12:30-31, the Bible instructs us: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.”
Why are these commandments greater than all others? Because God wants us to take care of each other. By helping others in need, we glorify God and make a positive change in the world.
That’s why Buckhead Christian Ministry is dedicated to doing good work right here in Atlanta, helping the working poor and providing a hand up to a better life. BCM is a community of neighbors bringing life-changing hope and financial stability to families and individuals in crisis.
There are so many ways you can help your neighbors, right here in Atlanta, through one of BCM’s inspiring programs:
- Help Atlantans in need select clothing for job interviews at the Buckhead THRIFTique.
- Serve as a Helpline Volunteer, connecting our clients with the services they need.
- Offer a smile as a Hospitality Volunteer, creating a warm, welcoming environment.
- Help out as an Intake Volunteer and assist the BCM staff with providing food, clothing and financial assistance for clients.
- Keep the food pantry organized and pack bags of food for local families by serving as a Food Pantry Volunteer.