- Helpline Volunteers help clients get the services they need by scheduling appointments, giving directions and providing service referrals. Minimum time commitment: one three-hour shift per month.
- Hospitality Volunteers create a warm and welcoming environment for our clients, many of whom are in desperate need of a smiling face. Minimum time commitment: one three-hour shift per month.
- Intake Volunteers provide a listening ear for people in need and work with BCM staff to provide clients with food, clothing, new-worker support and financial assistance. Minimum time commitment: two three-hour shifts per month.
- Food Pantry Volunteers keep the pantry organized, accept donations and pack bags of food. Minimum time commitment: one three-hour shift per month.
Money Management Coaches and Trainers
Teach clients to set a household budget, create and use bank accounts, and other basic skills for managing money. Trainers teach money management courses and coaches work one-on-one with families to apply what they learn in the class. All training materials are provided; no financial expertise is required! Time commitment: alternating weeks for six-month sessions; session dates vary.
Money Management sessions begin in January and July.
Assist customers and help people in need select clothing for interviews and everyday wear. They also sort and hang clothes, arrange displays and operate the cash register. Minimum time commitment: one three-hour shift per month.
Administrative and Data Entry
Help keep BCM running smoothly by filing, entering data into various data banks, assisting with mailings and performing other administrative duties. Time commitment: flexible.
BCM is truly a community effort, and we need your help getting the word out about how to help our neighbors in need. Even if you can’t volunteer on a regular basis, you can make a difference by joining our network of church and neighborhood ambassadors. As an Ambassador you will,
- Work with other BCM supporters at your church to organize the annual food drive(s).
- Share exciting BCM news with your neighborhood group.
- Be notified of special one-day volunteer opportunities.